Steven L. Saldo
Mr. Saldo graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a degree in Sociology. He then attended the graduate school of education at UCLA receiving his Elementary Education Credential, Secondary Credential, Reading Specialist Credential and Special Education Learning Handicapped Credential. For three years, Mr. Saldo was chief negotiator for collective bargaining purposes for the Los Angeles County Education Association representing special education teachers in 94 different school districts.
He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of West Los Angeles, where he was recipient of various awards, including the Corpus Juris Secundum Award, American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure and the Kelton Scholarship Award for being No. 1 in his class.
Prior to starting his own firm in 1994, Mr. Saldo was a partner at the law firm of Bonne, Bridges, Mueller, O’Keefe and Nichols, a major medical malpractice defense firm, specializing in the representation of doctors and public hospitals including Los Angeles County/University of Southern California Medical Center and UCLA Medical Center. Mr. Saldo also defended personal injury cases where there was a claim of significant injuries.
From 1994 to the present time, Mr. Saldo has been and is the proprietor of his own firm, the Law Offices of Steven L. Saldo, with offices in San Luis Obispo and Brentwood, California. Mr. Saldo specializes in medical malpractice, and the representation of individuals with significant personal injuries.
Mr. Saldo is a member of the San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Monterey and Los Angeles Bar Associations as well as the Central Coast Trial Lawyers Association, Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Consumer Attorneys of California, American Board of Trial Advocates, and the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice before all of the Courts of the State of California, including the United States District Court for the Central District of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is the immediate past President of the California Coast Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, and is on the Cal-ABOTA and National ABOTA Boards of Directors.
Mr. Saldo has been in the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) business for over twenty years. He has consulted, built, licensed and managed numerous ASCs in California. He is currently the managing partner of Posada Ambulatory Surgery Center in Templeton, California, and Neurological and Spine Institute Ambulatory Surgery Center, a part of Journeylite of California, in Thousand Oaks, California.
Mr. Saldo continues to consult with physicians and other health care providers regarding their healthcare business issues.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Mesothelioma & Asbestos
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death - Plaintiff
- California, 1984
- University of West Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: Corpus Juris Secundum
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure
- Honors: Kelton Scholarship for No. 1 in the class
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- A.B. (Cum Laude) - 1972
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Corpus Juris Secundum Award
- American Jurisprudence Award for Civil Procedure
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Luis Obispo Bar Association, Member
- Santa Barbara Bar Association, Member
- Monterey Bar Association, Member
- Central Coast Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Consumer Attorney of Los Angeles, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member, past President, Cal-ABOTA and National ABOTA Board of Directors
- American Association of Justice, Member
- Super Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Bonne, Bridges, Mueller, O’Keefe and Nichols, Partner, 1984 - 1994